Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Whats with the Hip thing?

It's been a while since I've gotten to drag my soapbox out and complain, so I'm giving you fair warning. And if you're a hip gal I apologize.

I have come to notice something that I just don't understand. Whenever I see a picture of a group of  teen girls ok ok, even of  grown women, whoever is on the outside end of the picture almost always has her hand perched on their hip. Doesn't matter what the photo is in reference to, prom, first day of school, football games, first car, oh heck even first hangover! There is always some girl with her hip sticking out and her paw plopped right on top.
How bout changing it up? Maybe hide your arm behind your back? Maybe put a guy on the end of the group and have him do the hip pose. That would get a few people wondering what's going on.
So, I know this isn't much to complain about and whenever I see a photo without the hand to hip shot I kind of wonder if the poor gal didn't get the memo that requires the new pose. To be honest it's probably just that there's NO hiding my hips and would be appalled to even consider drawing more attention to them. So, next time you're on facebook, or get a chance to browse through a high school yearbook, look closer and you'll know just what I mean.
Have a great day as i'm off to drag my soapbox to it's dusty corner :)

2 comments: