Thursday, October 7, 2010

Skinny Jean Workout

I just have one question: Who invented skinny jeans??? Oh my am I glad I wear old granny jeans. I see so many girls constantly pulling the back of their jeans up and their shirts down because of their low rise jeans. They can hardly sit in those tight things.They obviously aren't comfortable at all.
Now, when we went school shopping my daughter wanted more then anything else skinny jeans. I am ashamed to say that I looked at the narrow legs on those things and tried with all  I had to talk her into not getting them. It's not that I don't like the way they look, I really don't have a preference, and I am certainly wishing I could fit into something called skinny. The closest thing I'll ever get to them is enjoying a Skinny Cow ice cream.
Anyway, I was thinking of how I was going to get those things on a kid that can't help dress herself. We finally found a pair that have zippers up the entire side. the zipper opens only about 5 inches from the bottom of the leg, but that's just enough to not break her foot trying to put them on. I try to hold to the idea that Grace has enough things she can't participate in, there are plenty of "teen" things she misses out on, dressing fashionably is something she shouldn't have to miss out on.
So we find ways when we can to let her dress in "regular" clothes. But let me tell you it takes the whole village to dress a disabled kid some mornings. Poor thing gets flopped back and forth, twisted, lifted, laughed at, yelled at, and who knows what else. It's a tough job but between my husband and myself we manage to get those rotten skinny jeans on. Not sure who gets the biggest work out, I just know all 3 of us are tired when we're done. But it usually makes for a happy kid. Some days that's all you want ; a smile on your kid's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment