Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shorter summers?

When I was a kid it seemed that summer vacation went by way too fast. There was never enough time to ride bikes, play in sprinklers, build forts. But it sure feels like the summer break is much shorter these days.
Every year school seems to start earlier and earlier. We never went back to school before September. I just realized that Grace goes back in about three weeks. It just doesn't seem right to go back to school the hottest month of the year.
Wonder when this strange schedule began. I'm sure it has to do with fitting in all the required days, and I'm sure there are plenty of moms that have had enough and are ready to send the kids back to school today.
Guess as a mom that goes along with her kid, I feel just like the kids when I say "I don't want to go back yet!" Am I getting any sympathy? Anyone??

3 comments:

  1. sorry :( sniff sniff
    I'll play with you after school if you wanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris feel much better now that I have a little sympathy.......maybe we can build a cool fort after school some day :)

    ReplyDelete