Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First day of School

Today was the first day of school for the 2011-2012 year. It sure felt like the longest day ever. The campus seemed much busier this year, crowded or something.
Of course Grace has homework already, not just the get syllabus' signed and returned, but of course MATH homework. I've never understood the concept of giving a ton of problems in math, it must be the "practice makes perfect" approach. But there's always the flip side of that concept, "if you don't know it ;doing it wrong 40 times wont make it right". At least it's just one class, it'll be a tough one, but Grace had two previous math teachers offer to help her anytime she needs it. So nice of them both to be generous with their time.
So, what do I expect to learn this year? Let's see...........umm......... oh well, there's algebra which I wake up every morning wishing I could use. Chemistry might be interesting, I didn't take it in high school so we shall see. Will probably learn how to write a better English paper, ( none of which you'll notice in the writing of this blog) and I expect the class I will actually enjoy learning the most about is US History. Seems history is the subject I find myself always thinking "I didn't know that" about and actually caring to understand more. Probably comes with age. Which, by the way, I am feeling every year of today. I'm just not 16 any more I'm old and pooped!! Only 16 more school days till a 3 day weekend!! Hey it's those short term goals that gets a mom through life. Here we go again!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy first day of school Alberta and Grace :-) Just think you're one day closer to the last day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey who knows you might learn how to make a bomb in chemistry...if you need help have Grace txt Spencer he'll be happy to help her.

    ReplyDelete