Monday, August 8, 2011

Rust Inchie Challenge

It's Monday again, Inchie Monday for me. This week's challenge was "rust". Now I just have to say, the if it's rust in our house it belongs to my husbandAs I thought of the rusty things he calls "patina" to make me think it's not rust I knew it would all be too large for an inch of art.
My next thought went to my button jar ( usually does). Most of the buttons in my jar came from my sweet mother-in-law. She wasn't like me in her reason for having a button jar. I just like buttons, she on the other hand actually used hers for their intended purpose, mending clothes. She survived the dust bowl and depression, so nothing was wasted, she clipped buttons off clothes before tossing them into her ragbag. I'm thinking we could learn from that great generation of survivors.
So, back to my inchie. way down at the bottom of my jar was this gem, a true rusted button. No telling how old it is, but I can almost bet it came from a coat or something from the rust lover I eventually married. I just placed it on some paper that had been color misted, added a few beads and fibers. There you have it my "patina" oh, I mean rusty button inchie.

3 comments:

  1. Never thought of looking in my various button jars. I like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool you found a rusty button....waiting for you to use!

    ReplyDelete