Tuesday, October 26, 2010

End of the semester

It's a busy time of the year at school; this is the last week of the semester. Just about every class has at least one test or project due this week. Grace has already taken a math and history test. She has another in each of those classes later  this week. She has a scene to perform  for drama tomorrow, pics to take for photo, and a DNA paper to write for biology. Will see how her grades come out when it's all over.  She's OK right now, sometimes just hearing that it's a "big" test can wig some people out. So thankful she has a couple of more laid back classes to catch up on some study time.
Also, Red Ribbon week, which means more dress up days. I think they have slogans for each day, but I can't remember them. I always think it's hilarious when there is a "hippie" day for an anti-drug campaign. Not sure what the thinking is behind this. Maybe someone wasn't alive to actually know what the hippie era involved. ( I'll try claiming I wasn't around either, wonder if anyone would believe me). But I guess some tye dye and peace signs won't hurt anyone. At least they get the word out to fight drug usage. Guess Nancy's "Just Say 'NO'" slogan doesn't do the job anymore?
Hope the kids find the energy and time for a little studying this week. Is it Christmas vacation yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment