Monday, October 18, 2010

Yes, I'm Proud

Do Monday's get longer every week? Or am I just old? Never mind that was a rhetorical question.
I just have to share  and explain my proud mama feeling of the day. Grace and I talked about the unfortunate experience she had last week in drama class. The first thing she did when she got to school this morning was ask if she could talk with the principal. On her own she spoke with her about a solution to the younger kids' staring, pointing, and laughing at her. She asked what she should do to educate them about people with differences. She'd like to go to their school and talk with them and let them ask questions. She is willing to talk with classes individually or the whole lot of them at once. She's waiting to hear what the other school's principal will allow, her principal was very supportive and went to the other administrator today to come up with a time /place for Grace.
I am so proud of her, it's always easy to just feel bad, get mad and complain. Now I admit she did all these things, then  she took it one step further and is taking back some control of the situation, fully knowing that there may still be some people that will still act ugly regardless of her efforts.  Honestly if more people that have been hurt by others could step up like this our world would really be a better place. Good Job Grace!!!

3 comments:

  1. You should be proud of her. Great job Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, I'm so proud of Grace, you've done a great job Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace is becoming a intelligent, beautiful young woman. I am very proud of her too. Her maturity and ability to make a positive change is something most adults could learn from, great story thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete