Wednesday, October 27, 2010

LOL

A friend called me the other day during Grace's lunch break, she heard how loud it is at school and told me she didn't envy me one bit. I have found that my car is the best place to spend my lunch when the weather is agreeable. If it's not sweltering or freezing, I lounge in the van with my sandwich and a book. I've been known to take a 10 minute catnap and so far haven't found any pics of me drooling on Grace's facebook page.
I can see the front of the school from my vantage point. There's not usually much to see except a few kids enjoying their lunches and visiting. There is one young lady that spends the entire time alone, at rare times she's on her phone, but she seems to be a loner. I know her from my preschool teaching days. Would love to find her a friend or two to make her high school days more enjoyable.
Today Grace & her friend Kayla came to the van to ask a question and took off to run around. Out of the corner of my eye I could see them using a window for a mirror and acting goofy. I never know what those two are up two. They remind me of my childhood friend and myself, just being goofy girls at that age. I went back to reading my book and just happened to look up in time to see Grace back into a pole. There is a pole  in the middle of the sidewalk next to the building that's placed there,I assume, to keep cars from driving through that area. For some unknown reason Grace was going as fast as she could in reverse, talking like a crazed woman when WHAM!!! she hit the pole. It bounced her head off the headrest and she said it even uncrossed her feet . She wasn't hurt, well, maybe her pride was. I along with her other friends that saw, couldn't help but laugh. I'm not sure what the most humorous site was, Grace bouncing off the pole or her friend Kayla, fall to the sidewalk, rolling and laughing so hard I wouldn't have been surprised if she wet herself. It was one of those "laugh till you cry" moments. I'm glad Grace wasn't hurt, just wish I'd had my camera going, it was definitely a missed You Tube moment.

1 comment:

  1. dang where's a camera when you need one LOL Good to know they're acting like goofy girls :-)

    ReplyDelete