Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dude?

Not quite sure why I need to know if a diagonal bisects a rhombus, or that I should use the distance formula to determine if a quadrilateral is a rectangle, but I think I'm learning it anyway. Should come in handy if I ever come in contact with a shape with an identity complex.
Speaking of identity,what I'm mostly confused about is when did I become a "dude"?????????????
 Seriously, that's all I hear some days, "Dude, did you know? & Dude, did you see? Last I'd heard females were dudettes. Now I know it could be worse as the other name I hear females called ( even by friends in a nice way) isn't something I'd ever let anyone call me. When I was 15 I'd have flattened anyone that called me one, and I still might at this ripe old age of ..well....um..........lets say over 15. So funny how our slang changes through time. I just have to figure out if when one refers to a "dude" it's the he kind or the she kind. Anyone have the answer?   Geesh before long we'll have to use a formula to figure it out and we'll be able to use all the geometry we're learning.

2 comments:

  1. It seems that dudette has fallen by the lingo wayside and the dude has evolved to be gender-neutral--it's just a way of saying, "Hey you" with a Cali-surf kind of casual...

    I'm afraid I'm guilty of calling many a female friend (and my pets as well), "Dude."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been asking that since the boys started calling me that when Spencer was in high school LOL I always replied back I'm not a dude I'm a dudette LOL thankfully they've pretty much have outgrown it most of the time LOL It's still shocking to me the language the kids use today that we wouldn't have even considered using for fear of the worst happening to us! LOL

    ReplyDelete