Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rumors

I was feeling just a bit ornery today, when we went to English there was a girl ( lets call her Mary)waiting for the teacher to let her in and I asked her if she was ready for the test. There was no test. The look on her face was priceless. I had her convinced that they had to finish reading the book they're working on for a test today. After a long minute ( for her) I told her I was just joking. She told me I was mean and we had a good laugh.
Well, here came a group of others from the class and Mary passed on the same news I'd given her, then she told them I'd played a joke on her. This happened a few more times and then.....................
Along comes do-gooder-worries about every grade Mark ( not his real name of course). The class had him so convinced that he dropped everything he had in his hands and insisted that the teacher just couldn't do this, she hadn't told him to read what was he going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully they let him off the hook before the class started, but I happen to know he got a few texts asking him if he was ready for the test in several other classes.
Guess one needs to be careful with a lil joke. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. You, a bit ornery, not at all. That's not like you. Can you *hear* the sarcasm?

    ReplyDelete