Thursday, May 19, 2011

6 more days

I am probably as anxious as the kids are about the end of each school year. It does get old going everyday, or not everyday as is our case.
The seniors are pretty much finished their last day they had to attend classes was yesterday. My sweet ( she tries to act tough but she's not fooling anyone) daughter went to the local bakery/sandwich shop and ordered cookies for her senior friends.
As she said goodbye to them she gave them their cookies. I think there were some tears involved with some of them. One particular senior she's known most of her life. He was in my preschool class years ago and his mom worked with me at the school when Grace was a little older. He's been like a big brother to her.
Some of the other kids she's known for years. Living in such a small community they all get to know each other in elementary school and they remain friends.
Grace has no idea how she impacts others' lives. She is so spunky that it's easy to forget she's in that chair. When you actually do remember it makes her journey through life that much more amazing. She endures so much everyday, but she manages to remain mostly cheerful and keeps enduring.
I was looking through her yearbook and was surprised at how many of her friend's told her how inspirational she is.  She will make a joke of it but I think it takes a lot for someone her age to be so honest and mushy.
Six days to go. I think all of her projects are finished, just finals to go and then a little break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment