Monday, May 9, 2011

personalities

Only 15 days of school left for this year. The big push to finish is upon us. Grace finally caught up in all her classes last week , now she just has to get all the year end projects completed, then benchmark and final tests.
Looking back I think the greatest thing we've both learned this year is how different personalities (talking bout teachers)  react to her needs. Seems like the more secure in themselves types were more understanding. The "I'm so intelligent and you're not" type really can't see beyond themselves.
Grace had mostly great experiences with teachers, but there always seems to be one tossed in that just doesn't know how to work with someone that might miss more school that normal. Doesn't seem to me that it would be too hard to set papers to the side for Grace or be forthcoming with her about what assignments were assigned when Grace asked what she's missed.
Will be glad to not have that teacher again next year, I think if she's put in that person's class again I will request a change.
I guess there could be worse things going on, it's just been frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment