Monday, April 11, 2011

Teen Moms??????

Friday, after school Grace's friend, Kayla, showed up at our van ready to spend the weekend. That's not unusual, I knew she was coming. What I wasn't expecting this weekend was a baby.
Kayla has a life skills class and she's been threatening to bring the baby to our house when she has it for a weekend, but I didn't think she'd actually follow through. She "claims" the teacher switched weekends on them and she didn't know until Friday afternoon.

Anyway, there she was with a 7 pound baby doll that cried whenever it wanted to, just waitig for Kayla to insert the right key into its back. Didn't take long before the girls had him named Carlos and we were on our way to do a little shopping. As I shopped Grace & Kayla stayed in the car with Carlos. I got an excited text informing me "he cried". They were enjoying this, but it was still the middle of the day.
The first sign of trouble came when Kayla was playing PS2. She was busy saving the world from some evil, when Carlos wailed, no sooner had she keyed him and got back to her game when he wailed again! HaHa pretty realistic  (except for the weird key thing.)
That night Carlos was nestled right next to Kayla for easy access. I heard him around 2:30 a.m.  Kayla took care of him and went back to sleep. I on the other hand was having trouble sleeping, maybe it was the nervous, new grandma jitters. Around 5 :00a.m. Carlos started crying, after a couple minutes I went in the room and told Kayla her baby was crying. She groaned, shifted through keys and he was quiet again. Suddenly I heard the  horrible rip of velcro, I turned around and there was Kayla with Carlos' little computer ripped out of his back!!! Apparently she'd had enough. The tamper light started blinking and that was the end of poor carlos. 
Kayla always says she'll be a horrible mom. Guess she meant it.
R.I.P. Carlos

1 comment:

  1. If only they came with weird keys to quiet them, would make things so much easier!

    Poor Carlos! May he rest in peace!

    ReplyDelete