Thursday, September 23, 2010

6 Weeks

Six weeks of school has flown by. The kids have accomplished more than they probably realize. Progress reports will be mailed home any day now. Grades don't have to be a huge surprise anymore, as most school systems have programs that allow parents to check progress online. But for some reason, getting that piece of paper in the mail makes things worse or better depending on your grades.
Grace has done well, not sure I'd do as well if I had to be testsed and graded. I can barely tell you if her math class is geometry or geography so I know that'd be a bust. Guess I've learned some about the French Revolution that I didn't  know before, had never read Great Expectations , so that's something I can add to my list of  "done that, don't know why I bothered". Now don't get me wrong the story itself is intriguing, just not used to reading in that old English/Dickens style. He'd have been a great blogger that man could use way too many words to say somnething as simple as 'he opened the door'. 
As for Biology, theres' no way I could tell you very many parts of an animal cell, ATP, cellular respiration etc. Just glad God knew what he was doing when he designed all this. Not much to learn in yearbook, photography is somewhat of a repeat from last year, and drama is always entertaining, I know most of the songs to Suessical the Musical.
So greatfull nobody gets to take a red pencil to this blog I can just imagine all the mistakes I make. Here's to another 6 weeks, aside from learning who's dating who ( or is it whom?), which substitute the kids love and hate the most we'll see if I learn something academic.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 6th week anniversary :-) What you said about Great Expectations and Dickens is EXACTLY what Spencer complained about when he was reading it LOL SMTA (SCARY MINDS THINK ALIKE lol)

    ReplyDelete