Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oh the trouble with fashion

So, today in the drama class I noticed how much trouble it is to wear pants. The kids were rehearsing for the musical they're doing this semester. It required a great deal of jumping/dancing/bending/ etc. I think there was more tugging of pants than anything else. If you're a girl the trouble seems to lie in the fact that pants don't cover your backside. It's not easy bending over to dance like an elephant if you're worried about your hind end falling out. They guys might have appreciated the girls' problem more if the weren't tugging on their breeches trying to keep them up, or shall I say keep them on.
 Now I'm a large woman and I must say that these little 100pound guys are wearing pants that would fit me! It's so funny how ridiculous we ( yes, we've all worn something absurd in the name of fashion) are willing to look, just to look like everyone else. Just wondering what do you think the silliest fashion was that  you wore as a teen?

3 comments:

  1. It's gotta be the bell bottom phase I went through -LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 1960's shiny Gold paper dress. That was the ugliest dress, and I absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm....shoulder pads...oh wait I still have some LOL...ah...skin tight pants maybe LOL

    ReplyDelete