Monday, September 27, 2010

Teachers

Just have to say that I think teachers often get a bad wrap. I am sure I've been guilty of complaining too much myself. I am thankful for all the teachers that Grace has. She has severe physical limitations, they all are very understanding and make whatever changes that need to be made so she can do her best work for them. Since she writes very slowly I do most of her physical writing for her, I'm thankful they none of them have ever questioned if the ideas are hers.
Friday she took a geometry ( yay I didn't say geography) test and got a poor grade, it was shocking since she felt like she did well. She usually knows when she's bombed a test. Well, it turns out that the larger printed portions of the test were just the shapes, and graphs, I quickly read the instructions to her and she looked at the large graphs to do the work. Guess I was the one that over looked part of the directions for a portion of the test. Her teacher thought something must have been wrong and after talking w/ her she let her redo that portion of the test. Of course that jumped her grade up 2 letters, and Grace didn't have the stress of having to retake the entire test.
I'm sure I could give examples from most of her teachers, she has some great classmates as well, that think up new ways for her to experience all aspects of classes. Her two biology friends actually have taken a microscope off the table and positioned it in their hands up to her eyes so she can see what they see. Doesn't seem like much to most of us, but that kind of inclusion is what makes her world a little nicer.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding us all that its the little things that make such a difference! Glad Gracie was able to get a better grade :-)

    ReplyDelete