Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Long weekend

Labor Day weekend was a long one, only fun thing we did was have dinner here with my sister for her birthday.  My daughter was sick all weekend and stayed home from school again today. She had homework in most classes over the long weekend. Had to read about 150 pages of Great Expectations  and  q&a packet to go with it, had a letter to write for history, a cell model to make for biology, and some math. Although she felt horrible she managed to get it all done. Did today's math this evening and worked ahead on the next part of English. It's always hard to miss school and get behind, especially in math class. Over the years she has endured so much with some very long hospital stays, a couple minor surgeries, a major back surgery, and her yearly 3 months of bone pain. We live in an agricultural area, harvest is just starting, keeping her lungs clear of pneumonia is always near the top of my prayer list. People with medical issues work so much harder just to get through their days than the rest of us. I know I'm biased, but would just like to say what a proud mama I am. Grace has managed to maintain a great grade point average and  keep up with her class through all of her trials.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of Gracie and YOU! You two are the dynamic duo! In fact you should have your own Super Mom Outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aileen, but i'm sure NOBODY wants to see me in a spiffy pair of tights :)

    ReplyDelete