Tuesday, September 21, 2010

An Old Dog

So, who thinks you can teach an old dog new tricks? I have always been more of an optimist about things, but I just have to explain how frustrated I get with technology. It just makes me feel so stupid, doesn't even have to be a hard concept. Here's my example; while writing an answer for Grace on today's English homework, neither of us knew how to spell "unnecessarily", well being too lazy to get the dictionary she suggested I use the T9 function on my phone. She usually has her phone with her , but for some reason it wasn't with her or she could have done the looking up herself. Well, I tried & tried to get the dangfangled contraption to do what she was telling me to do with it and I just wasn't understanding what to do, i was really getting frustrated. She finally asked for my phone and within 3 seconds had the word!!!! AARRGGGHHHHH  How the heck did she do it? Actually very easily, she showed me step-by-step and it made much more sense. Just not sure I should touch anything computerized or even electronic. This old dog is just a mess.

2 comments:

  1. Its just repetition Alberta, and not being afraid, you can do it I know you can :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are capable of learning how to do these things, just look at how you learned the computer. If not I have a 3yr old who will be more than happy to teach you.

    ReplyDelete