Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Integrity

This probably isn't the way to start the new semester, Grace is sick. She has had a cough/cold for a few days but woke this morning saying her chest hurt and she couldn't breathe well. Always a scary comment from someone with her pneumonia history. Thankfully she wasn't in distress, I checked her oxygen saturation level and it was good. I checked her lungs and didn't notice any raspyness ( I know this probably isnt a word). Took her to the doctor and he agreed her lungs were OK, probably sore ribs from all the coughing. He gave her an antibiotic because he felt she was trying to catch more than the virus that she has. Will play it by ear for school the rest of the week.
Now I must be a "mom" & brag a bit. Even with feeling badly and being exhausted, when we came home from the doctor Grace asked if I'd help her try to figure out the math that she missed today. We did a little before getting stuck and then  worked on some biology. I'm proud that she keeps at it, feeling sick or not, she stays on  her work. I would probably be too lazy or feel sorry for myself if I were in her place. I think she can teach us all something about integrity.

1 comment:

  1. Gracie is AMAZING! Very inspirational! I hope that you turn this blog into a book some day.

    ReplyDelete