Thursday, January 6, 2011

Isn't she cute

So, we stayed home again today. I think Grace is feeling better, she slept until almost noon thanks to the advice of many of my facebook friends, I gave her honey/lemon to help with her cough. It wasn't easy as she accused me of trying to poison her. My husband said she was probably afraid to cough for fear I'd give her another dose.
Anyway, I emailed her teachers to get some work she could work on while at home. Her history and English teachers both responded with sections from their text books that she could read. not hard at all. Her geometry teacher apologized that Grace was missing work pages that weren't in the text, but suggested Grace read in the text book and try to do Friday's work. Oh, isn't she the cute one! You have to understand Grace a bit. School usually comes easily to her, with the exception of math. She needs step by step instruction and examples to begin  grasp the concepts at all. Most subjects she can read and understand but math has to be shown to her. Another problem with math is the fact that I do the writing for her, so she doesn't have that second "act" of actually performing the physical part of math, her poor brain must be so annoyed at this. Math is the only subject she has actually prayed for a "D" in. (Having a type A personality, that was a tough prayer for her) Now being a math impotent parent she passed my math expertise many many years ago. We looked at the book, shrugged, laughed and will try to get some extra help tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment