Monday, January 3, 2011

Last day of Freedom/ First Day of Inchie

Back to school after the winter break tomorrow. I think Grace is looking foreword to seeing her friends on a regular basis again. I would rather sleep in, but there is something reassuring about being back on a regular schedule regardless of how exhausting it seems at first. We didn't do much on our time off. Grace's wheelchair ( I'm thinking of naming it the Antichrist like the car in The God's Must be Crazy), is once again having trouble. It needs a new joystick, which seems to be a chronic problem, we are supposed to be having one rebuilt, have been waiting since before Thanksgiving. Last year Grace was out of school about 2 1/2 months waiting for a repair. Hope it doesnt die before it gets fixed. At this point she's barely rolling or rolling full speed for about 6 feet intervals. Guess if there's an emergency at school I can kick it into manual and push her to a safe spot. Not an easy job for long periods as it weighs around 500 pounds.
Today was also the first Monday of 2011, which was the first day for the Inchie Monday group I'm involved with..... had to make an inch of art. I took a stab at it several times without much success, just couldn't come up with an idea until I started taking down Christmas cards. I decided to cut face parts out of a few of the photocards we received and make my inchie a person. She's not too pretty and probably would be hard to figure out who's parts I used, although Grace knew the smile had to belong to a certain family she loves. It's surprisingly difficult to create something in the confines of an inch..... but it was fun. Check iout the link on my page to see some beautiful inchies.

7 comments: