Monday, August 30, 2010

5 minutes?

Today Grace's English teacher had a conversation with her about 5 minutes. It sums up to this:::::   There are about 9 months of school, 5 days a week. if you waste 5 minutes a day in a class, by the end of the school year you've wasted over 3 hours. She was amazed at how much time just 5 minutes would add up to, I think it used up some of that time just explaining it all to her.
Mondays are always the hardest day around here, seems like since school started I've tried & tried but to no avail, my house is just a mess. I always think I'll catch up on the weekend, but I never do. I never know how I should manage the days. Aside from being at school all day, driving to and from is about an 8 hour day. Helping w/ homework is at least another hour. Then there's laundry/cooking/bathing. Thankfully my hubby helps with all those things, but he works his 8 hours also. I suppose I spend too much time in the evening on the computer.  When you have someone completely dependent on you there's no "go to bed" you're the person that has to help the disabled person  get in bed. There's no "get in the car" for school, because you're the one operating the lift & getting the chair anchored. Mondays are just hard, I suppose they are for everyone, just getting back in the "week"  routine.
I wonder if I could capture those 3 hours that get wasted in class........hhmmmmm that's a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment