Friday, August 6, 2010

Here we Go

Well, here we go, the 2010-11 school year starts Tuesday. I think we're ready enough to start. I should explain why I'm starting this crazy blog. I started attending school with my daughter (Grace) when she was in the 4th grade. It wasn't exactly what we wanted, but I have definitely been blessed through the years. She has had understanding, loving teachers that have taught both of us life lessons and become lifetime friends. I was a preschool teacher for about 16 years when circumstances required I quit to care for Grace. We had homeschooled 2nd grade and found it just wasn't the best environment for us. Grace is an only child and VERY social. She definitely needed to be in school.
Grace will be a sophomore this year and when she got her class schedule I realized that I have never had any of the classes she's taking ( I must have been educated in a cave). Now I have always learned "something" every year I've accompanied her to school, but this year I expect to learn more than I ever have. So my plan is to share what I learn. Hope this is a fun year.

5 comments:

  1. And they say the "Southern education" is not the best..but at least I learned what little I know in school and not a cave.Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you decided to do this, not only will it be a blessing now, it will give an amazing view into the beautiful and wonderful bond the two of you share :) I look forward to reading about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading your adventures. We must have attended the same cave LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear all about the high school drama :) This will be a fun one to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Berta! I love it.

    ReplyDelete