Monday, August 23, 2010

Testing Day

Today was the day for English vocab testing. It was the first one & the teacher gave plenty of time to learn the 20 words,but she also threw in a pop quiz ion the book they're reading. Tomorrow is a geometry ( yes I had to stop & think: is it  geometry/geography & thanks to my sister geology) well, I'm talking about the math class. Wednesday is a biology test & who knows what might get thrown in for Thursday or Friday.
I'm curious, which days are better to take a test, although it is nice to have them spaced out instead of all on one day, it seems crazy to have them on Monday. I guess the thinking behind this is that the students have ALL weekend to study.  Stop!!!  my side is hurting, Really? At my house it's Friday right after school or Sunday before bed, there's no all weekend studying. I guess Friday is a good day because as my daughter tends to think, the students have all week to go over/learn the info in class. Then Friday comes you take the tests and go home for that NON-STUDYING weekend. Now I also think about the teachers that have 250 tests to grade over their NON -WORKING weekends, because you always have those eager kids that want to know how they aced the tests. I guess there isn't any good day, someone always ends up forgetting about the test, panics during tests, has too much studying to do, or too much correcting to do.
I think maybe we should just do away with tests/grades/school/work................................. guess I'm dreaming again. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment