Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Love Teens

Well, made it through the first day. I must say I really do love this age,not mine the kids. There were so many emotions running through those bodies today. the scared freshmen, with the wild eyed, deer in the headlights, I don't know where I'm going look. The Sophomores, so happy to see their friends, feeling like old hands at this high school business. the juniors, they know it's a serious year coming up, but they also know most of the staff/teachers now and are allowed some perks ( classes) that underclassmen aren't, and the seniors, so close to full adulthood, some understand the huge responsibilities ahead of them, they're either working extra hard or playing even harder their last year.
I have to admit though that my feet are killing me and the day did seem to drag on & on & on.........looks like a good year ahead of us.
Now I have to share the lamest/original "I'm late to class" story I've ever heard. It was the last class of the day, about 15 minutes into the class a girl walks in and the teacher made a comment about being late so she fessed up.............."I thought school was over and walked home, then I looked at my schedule and realized I had one more class and walked back."        LOL  gotta give her credit for either being very creative or brave enough to tell a truthful "I'm goofy" story.

1 comment:

  1. Great synopsis of high school kids! Can't wait to hear more anecdotes as your days continue.

    ReplyDelete