Tuesday, August 24, 2010

work hard?

Don't just assume that a kid that gets good grades ,"comes by it easily." Recently I heard a comment about a kid that gets A's & B's. The person said that those grades come easily to them.
That's not necessarily the case. As with any occupation ( must say that school is harder than any job I ever had) there are things people do more easily than others. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, but just assuming that a kid with good grades learns easily is implying that they don't work hard for those grades. The same can be said of those kids that don't get the best grades, it doesn't mean they didn't study or that they never work hard at school.
I am the first to think students need to work as hard as they can to get the best grade they can get. I think every kid that works to their highest potential should be praised for their effort. I guess none of us really know who works hard at school and who doesn't, but I do know that the grades aren't always the best indicator of  their "hard work".

1 comment: