Monday, August 16, 2010

Tests

It's only day five and Grace already had a test, she's studying now for another test tomorrow, she has 2 more on Friday. I think I'm learning that our kids are under more pressure than most people realize. They always have multiple tests every week, papers due, projects for classes, sports/drama/band practices and all the other pressures of high school. They worry about how they dress, hair looks, zits; if they drive the right cars, wear the right clothes, have the newest phone, listen to the right music,  talk to the right people.
 They do all this and have jobs at home and away from home . plus probably the biggest stressor they put up with us : their parents who are trying to keep our own lives in balance.We probably all know teens with other worries as well, ill family members, drug/alcohol abuse/ money problems you know the list can go on forever.
I have had people tell me I must be crazy to be surrounded by teens all day. Well, yes I am a bit out there at times, but I also get to see the best side of our kids, they honestly have times when they're helping each other, looking for ways to be their best  and mostly I think you'd be proud to see just how hard they work at pleasing all the adults they have to deal with every day. They have more bosses than I've ever had at a job, and they still manage to enjoy the ride their on. Remember them in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I have enjoyed some of the teens I have been around or had. They do surprise us at times. Berta, you are a blessing to those teens you are around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Alberta, I need to be reminded of the stresses they are under, THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great insight on the teen world! Keep up the reflections :-)

    ReplyDelete